It can be frustrating to go to therapy and to feel like the therapist doesn’t tell you anything you don’t already know, or just listens without saying much, or gives you advice that you don’t really need because if it was that easy to solve your problems you would have done it a long time ago.
From the moment you walk into my office, you will know that what we are going to do together is going to be DIFFERENT and that we’re going to do real work.
I’m not going to sit and make small talk with you because we both know that’s not what you’re there for.
I’m not going to lead the conversation because your unconscious needs to be in the driver’s seat.
And I’m not going to be one of those therapists who rescues you from an awkward silence because that is often the moment just before people share the most important stuff.
I will sit with you as you find your way yet I promise I will not be one of those therapists who just listens and does not speak. I will highlight and punctuate your words, I will ask you penetrating questions, I will pull for your vulnerabilities, and I will always give you honest feedback. And I will not shame you and I will not judge you.
This journey will be terrifying and it will also be exciting. I will be with you by your side the whole time.
Now before you reach out to me, I want to make sure that we’re the right fit to work together.
So I think it’s important to tell you that I’m probably not the therapist for you if:
- you’re looking for a quick fix
- you’re not really sure you want to do this
- you’re mostly shopping around for price
- you want your therapist to tell you what to do
- you prefer to stay on the surface with things
The clients who work well with me are those who either really know what they want out of therapy and are willing to go very deep to get it, or who have “been there, done that” and are tired of all the promised cures for all sorts of things that get labelled as depression, anxiety, dealing with dysfunctional families, co-dependency, PTSD, soul hunger, mother hunger, anger, narcissism, borderline personality, denial, alcoholism, food addiction- you name it.
Because all that stuff somehow just hasn’t gotten to your core and you know there has to be something more. You know this can’t be all there is, and you’re not going to stop until you figure out what’s missing for you.
You probably already know on some level whether I’m the therapist you’re looking for. But just to make it easier, I would ask that you please only call me if you can answer yes to all 5 of the following:
- You’re willing to be challenged (Because the defenses you’ve used until now are definitely not going to work with me)
- You are willing and committed to show up and talk about even those times when you’re mad at me or don’t think what we’re doing is working (because as you get closer to change, your resistances will create those feelings)
- You are ready to really let go of that “thing” you’ve been holding onto with all your might for your whole life (whether it’s a fantasy, an illusion, a coping method, a vice- on some level you know what that “thing” you need to let go of is)
- You’re willing to come twice a week
- You’re ready to let your walls down once and for all and to let in my support, caring, gentleness, and guidance as you struggle through deep and intense conflicts in your inner world.
For the past 16 years I have been helping people end their search and reach this place of freedom and joy that comes from truly making peace with the past and with the truth. It’s not an easy process but I’ll always hold the knowledge and hope for you of the rewards you can have when you get to the other side.
So if you’re ready to really go deep, to end your search, to feel at peace, and to commit fully to the ride, please reach out to me TODAY!
Looking forward to hearing from you!